Story begins with a very ordinary off white sweater. I have loved this cotton-cashmere sweater in off white for years and years,
and I've been always afraid of its decay as I am so in love with it.
That said, one month ago I suddenly realized that I would need to gain the ability to clone the sweater instead of being afraid of living without it. I am not able to knit this high gauge thing, but the idea is that I may be able to sew it, yes, sew it, why didn't I think of it? If it is possible to produce clones, it can give me an ever lasting secure feeling that I am practically never losing THE white sweater, yahoo!
I checked and found some patterns for raglan sleeved pullovers and decided to give a try with Sloppy Josephine Tee pattern from Papercut patterns. They provide free shipping, worldwide, so I didn't hesitate too much about ordering the paper pattern, although it was a bit more pricy than I usually spend on other simple patterns.
According to the size chart, I am between sizeXS and sizeS, and I chose sizeXS for my first experiment. I narrowed neckline a bit by applying a slightly shorter neckband, shortened the length at the bottom hem, added a bottom hem band, and altered the neckline to V shape as my final plan calls for V-neck. I didn't apply any change in terms of sizing, because I wanted to see how it would originally fit on me.
Overall and in the end, I think it fits on me very well in the chosen size. The only thing I noticed was that the sleeves were designed narrower than I had imagined. I think it would be better to consider to choose one larger size for sleeves when the fabric doesn't stretch very well, at least for me (as I tend to choose smaller size when I have no clue.) They aren't very very narrow, but I think I'd better mention it here because this may be quite true for many of you too. We can narrow down the width of sleeves most of the time but we can't widen the pieces of fabric parts very easily, I hope you know what I mean.
|Of course, the background wall got in focus as usual...|
I'm happy with my result and I think the pattern is pretty promising!
I especially love the neckline, which looks quite similar to what I want. I'm going to add more alterations to it and hopefully get the clones in near future :) Now I have to get some quality jersey/knit for making imitation of knitted garments. Meanwhile, I enjoy this comfy top as it is pretty wearable and very cute!
Happy sewing to you all!
Pattern: Sloppy Josephine Tee from Papercut patterns
neckline altered to V-neck and also narrowed a bit, length shortened, and applied a folded hem band.
Fabric: linen jersey, barely stretchy, thin, shiny, slightly sheer, and rose pink.