Thursday, April 1, 2010

close fitted Kylie

Currently I'm in love with my serger!
Kylie

I am working on my stretch fabrics and jerseys, and it's been so much fun zipping them up with my babylock to get new pretty clothes. I know it's nothing spectacular in sewing-wise, but you can't live without your Ts, I'm sure you'd agree with me about it.

I made two of long sleeved T shirts. The first is a very close fitted one in sheer fabric.
Kylie
100401fabric2
The polyester fabric I used is called "power-net". Power-net is elastic fabric, which has a net structure and is made in synthetic fiber (usually polyester) as far as I know. I used a pattern Kylie from TAMANEGI-KOBO, as it is very close fitted and I thought it would work very well with this fabric.

I like the result and wish you can see why. Since this T shirt is very sheer and rather colorless, it's like wearing a pretty veil when you see it in real. I think it's whiter and more solid in the pictures. I'm bit sad because I couldn't bring a justice for it... Please be very imaginative, and you might see something good, perhaps.

Kylie

Well, I'm going to take some pictures of my second T, which is quite ordinary style with a special pretreatment, in a few days. I need another warm and sunny day!

=====
fabric: pink flowery polyester power-net, 140cm wide 70cm long
pattern: Kylie from TAMANEGI-KOBO
=====

Happy sewing to you :)

9 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love the pink floral design and the bright pink tank layered underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great, I understand that you love it. And I really know how it is loving your new serger. I just got a new babylock too and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually glad that you are posting about T-shirts that are unique and special because that is what I am most interested in sewing for myself. I love t's from the boutiques but not their $100 price tags. I ran across power net when I was looking for t shirt fabric. It is very helpful seeing that it can be used for that purpose. Is it hard to work with? Do you have any other t shirt patterns that you like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous; the fabric is stunning and you've done a beautiful job of making it as usual. You look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so envy...(^.^) Was it hard to work with these kind of materials, I have silk, but I still couldn't put myself to cut the fabric...awww...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous top. Love your choice of fabric. Your work with the serger is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!