Friday, February 10, 2012

Cape collar pullover

I've been eying this highly-rated shawl collar pullover at Anthropologie for a while. I probably took too much time for just eyeing it, because the season was almost gone and people started talking about the summer outfit when I awoke from the daydream. Instead of ordering it, I shook my head and decided to sew it for myself immediately. There you see my version of shawl(cape) collar pullover, here. Yes, I made this fluffy thing. People now start talking pre-winter fashion. Well, I'm almost a lap behind in the race with sewing wintry clothes...

Leaving that aside, I have a beautiful friend who always amazes me with her lovely self-sewn outfit. We share a similar, but not the same, taste in clothes in my opinion, and she's been my living eye-candy since I met her for the first time. Actually and coincidentally, we gradually found that we hid quite a few pairs of exactly same shoes and also same bags sometime in different colors in our closets. At the beginning, I used to feel pretty embarrassed by the fact that I had same pairs of shoes as hers, because I felt that I was the pitiful one who cunningly tried to mimic a beautiful friend. I mean, like a horrifying type of stalkers. However, because we repeatedly found that we would choose the same things independently, and also because she didn't seem she minded me to be like this, I started feeling easy and recognizing it amusing. Phew, a long story.
When I saw her in a gorgeous own-made white boat neck pullover with this knit fabric on the other day, I just had to realize it was finally the real time TO MIMIC HER. I asked her if I could buy the same fabric (I know it is an awkward question), and she merrily smiled at me. I bought the fabric, and sewed a different type of pullover. I love it. I knew I would love it even before started, though.

Everything is under control, generally speaking.
Do you have somebody to mimic?


Happy sewing!
Much love,
yoshimi


=====
pattern: cape-collar/boat neck pullover
from aviver paper patterns (paper pattern)
Bottom hem narrowed.
fabric: off-white knit fabric with fluffy stuff and ribbons,
stretch well, but not so recovering after stretched,
fairly thick, soft, hanging, loose.
=====

16 comments:

  1. Yours is much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is so wonderful to have a friend who shares your taste! I once made a green velveteen dress for a fancy party, only to find that another girl at my school had made the  same dress, in the same color and fabric. She was kind enough to lend me shoes to wear, that looked better with my dress than my own choice. She took trouble to seek me out at the dance, and we laughed together that we were "twins." We became friends, and have remained close for 30 years. I am so happy that your friend laughs with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and cozy! This will be great for those cold spring days. :-) I know what you  mean about the mimicking thing, my neighbor and I find that we have the same problem sometimes. And we just laugh it off. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I expect she feels the same way about you!  She's probably thinking, "Oh, I wonder if Yoshimi thinks I'm fashion-stalking her?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this story :o).  You are so honest in your posts, and you have such a nice sense of humor about things.  I don't have anyone in real life to mimic, but I do like to look online--there's plenty to like on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous!  And you're too cute- worried about copying your friend.  :)  Glad she was flattered!  I do my mimicking from lovely ladies like you online.  No real worries about running into people with the same outfits unless they're in my neck of the woods (MN, U.S.)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your top is so pretty, soft looking and in  a lovely white color that is so flattering on you. My sewing friend and I sometimes buy the same fabric, but we have different coloring, body shape and taste in clothing. That makes it interesting to see what we each make from the same fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is gorgeous! and looks so comfy. great job as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shawl collar top is so beautifu. Your friend obviously has good taste just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is really beautiful, and I like your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an utterly fabulous sweaTer! It suits you so well and the proportions are just right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Yoshimi! and I love your new hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pullover, Yoshimi, and I love your new haircut! You look so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love it, I love it, I do. I wish *I* could mimic you and make one in that exact same fabric... fortunately the ocean in the way means you're pretty safe. Enjoy what's left of your winter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yoshimi, I also meant to add (but forgot, and remembered today) that you are my beautiful friend that I would most like to mimic!  You have the most lovely style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Carolyn, did you kindly come back here to tell me this? You're so sweet. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!