Saturday, June 28, 2014

white sleeveless shirt

Hello!

It is rainy season in Japan and greens wield power everywhere. I've been feeling even busier since April, but I think this idea is one of my delusions. I am a lazy person and I could never be "busy" in the meaning you use this word for! I'm probably feeling busy because I don't want to work hard. That makes sense to me.

Meanwhile, I hope you've been doing super good!




I sewed a white sleeveless shirt from a Patrones pattern. The Patrones magazine was a surprising gift from Merche who super generously sent me a copy to try their patterns. Thank you, Merche, so much for your kindness! I knew you were very kind even before the gift but I can't tell you how much I am thankful to you for your idea of getting extra copy for me :)
If you are interested in the magazine that I'm talking about, you may like to read Merche's this post.


**
By the way, I always respect you and everyone who are nice to others in the on-line sewing community, and I'm also feeling so lucky that I can be a part of it. I'm not telling you that gifts matter, but I'm telling you about the atmosphere that we are creating there. I mean, supportive attitudes and environment. Thank you for the good air we breathe, you supportive hobby sewists!!
**


As for the shirt, this was my first use of Patrones patterns and it was also meant to be a check for sizing/fitting. It is always good to know how different my frame is from the new-to-me company's targeted body, and I wanted to check it by using a very basic garment with narrower ease like this shirt.

I usually care height of bust line, height of narrowest point in waist, ease above bust line, ease above shoulder blades, length between neck and shoulder point, angle of shoulder lines and room for busts in a pattern for upper body. Size charts hardly tell such information, because they aren't about the sizes but they are about the frames of maker's targeted bodies. It may sound that I'm nagging about fitting detail, but I have to say that I'm rather not interested in fitting garments perfectly on a human body like pasting rubber sheets on it. I'd love to tell that I am interested in skimming some volume from critical area or adding some to it of my garment (hoping to look *delusionally* better.)

I rarely keep actual patterns (because, eh, I   rarely   trace) but I keep notes about what I did for adjusting the patterns to my frame, written digitally along with some photos, on every garment I make so that I can read my history whenever needed for future projects.



Anyway, Patrones patterns seem to fit similar to the retailed garments and relatively true to the size. And also I had some adjustments to the shirt pattern for my frame, and I think these will be automatically applied to my future projects with their patterns.




I love Andrea's collarless placket shirt, and I'm thinking this pattern with those plackets at this moment. It can become a pretty summer vest kind of sleeveless blouse. I'll see.

Have a very happy weekend!


Love,
yoshimi


=====
white sleeveless shirt
pattern: Shirt 45 from Patrones Extra, Easy Sew No.29 (Patrones Costura Facil) magazine, collar omitted.
fabric: cotton stretch shirting fabric, soft and thick, white, seersucker-like, with most subtle silver pinstripes, 110cm x 1.2m used
=====

20 comments:

  1. I love your top! I'm a little obsessed with white right now. I also couldn't help but notice those fabulous shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classy and classic. I'd never heard of this magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely top! It looks so summery & cool. I'd want to live in it all summer long...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks great, I have never tried Patrones but I see it sometimes on some blogs and the styles always look very "beach-ready" to me (which I like). I so agree with you about size and style, how it should skim the body. well said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your top! I wish I could get a hold of that Patrones issue just for that. I had a RTW shirt that was very similar and I wore it until it died. I didn't sew back then, but I think of that shirt often and want to recreate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful white blouse perfectly adjusted for your frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh,my!!! That is gorgeous!! I think we are using the same pattern!!
    I´m so glad you made this one up. That issue has a lot of potential in my oppinion. I tried the shirt with short sleeves cut on the bias, and I will probably use that same pattern again.
    Great fit on yours. Love it, and love the fabric you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cute! You need more of these in all colors, save the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shirt, fantastic fabric, lovely fit, lovely style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore white blouses and the way this one looks with your jeans and shoes (those shoes!) is mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful crisp summer shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely and that fit is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this shirt! I highly doubt that you are ever lazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look fabulous in this shirt. The fit is such good work. I consider you both fabulous sewers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No posts for a while. You okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lorrwill, thank you so much for the words, I'm Okay!! Actually, I'm pretty fine and happy every day. The way I work has changed a bit since this spring, and it gets difficult for me to take enough time for siting and writing these days. Have a wonderful week, lorrwil, I promise I'll post a new one very soon. Thank you for being there <3

      Delete
  16. Beautiful, classy shirt with perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful, fabulous look! And I'm dying for your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your shirt and agree with your fitting philosophy. Body-skimming is so much more flattering than sausage-skin tight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!