Monday, February 23, 2009

Gaucho pants


Gaucho pants

Here is my latest experiment, I've made a pair of gaucho pants.
It is made of stretch denim and is really comfortable to wear. I'm not a big fan of the HUGE and WIDE shape of real gaucho pants, but this subtle pair in indigo color is OK by me. Actually, I think I love them! They look cute, don't they.

To be honest, I think I had the least affinity with fly fronts on any pants, simply because they seemed completely complicated and difficult to assemble! I knew it's just the silly ignorance and I must have sewn many garments with more "complicated" details, but it's been quite difficult to conquer the feeling. This pair has got a lining, which could be more "difficult" to sew than those without linings, but I could finish the fly front without a problem (I had quite many thinking-times, though). Yay for me who is more confident with fly fronts!

WIP

=====
gaucho pants
pattern: anneecotton* gaucho pants
fabric: stretch denim, indigo with hint of silver, cotton/nylon/polyurethane=80/17/3, about 1.45m x 1.3m
other: fusible interfacing (very hard, on the waist band)
=====

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that seems like a such challenging project. I have tried making some simple trousers before, and they ended up being a mess. :D
    You do such neat work. It makes me want to be more meticulous with my projects than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic Yoshimi! I really LOVE those pants!!!! You are so good at knowing what is right for you! Great insight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gaucho stuff.... fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!