Sunday, October 9, 2011

green joker

Joker is the name of the pattern, for these pants.

I've been very keen on green pants since this summer. I envied every one of green pairs I encountered in the magazines and the fashion web sites, but I was too inefficient to do anything other than looking at. I only stared at them because I believed that no green pants would suit me in this world. There was absolutely some psychotic silliness as well as depression around me, because it was nothing but my preconception that was preventing myself from the beautiful color. Eventually and successfully, I encouraged myself to upset the queer balance, and materialised my pair in this subdued peacock green. Yes, I am no longer a person with a meaningless jealousy. Problem solved, personality ameliorated. I'm secretly improving.

Much love,
yoshimi


=====
pattern: Tamanegi-kobo Joker pants, B belt (high-waisted)
lengthened, back patch pockets

Fabric: wool georgette, matte, green, drapey, soft, fairly bodied
=====

high-waisted


21 comments:

  1. You make the best pants. Love the colour and the waistband detailing is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pants are lovely. Great colour! I understand what you mean about overcoming preconceptions. I think we should all challenge ourselves a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Yoshimi, now I am the one with meaningless jealously over your green pants! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These trousers are just gorgeous!  Your attention to detail is as usual impeccable... the row of buttons and the notched waistband are lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is so lovely! Your pants are fantastic; I especially like the button detailing. Your blouse is lovely, too, especially the sleeves. Did you sew the blouse?

    Your blog is a fashion inspiration for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beautiful! And the fit is perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! The yoke is great. I feel a similar envy for your red pants, if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yoshimi, those pants are gorgeous on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pants are beautiful and look great on you. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color and the yoke--beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I'm glad you like the pants. The blouse is the one described here (http://yoshimitheflyingsquirrel.blogspot.com/2011/06/update.html), and recently I chopped off its bottom half quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous fabric and fit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pants.  Teal green is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pants are very elegant : I love  this colour(called in french bleu canard)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love green and sew it a lot, but have to admit I have no green pants!

    These are great pants - I love the unique waistband.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love the waistband on these pants.  Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, Love, Love! those pants! great job and great sense of styling....

    ReplyDelete
  18. There are many questions about fashion clothing
    that occupy the minds of all women on this earth- what should I buy for
    casual and formal wear, what should I wear with skirts and/or jeans,
    which type of fashion clothing
    will suit my body type, what are the latest trends and whether to buy
    seasonal trendy clothes or not, what others will think if I wear a
    particular dress and many other such types of questions?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Teal green pants in a wool georgette. My favorite color and fabric for flowy pants.  They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those pants turned out very stylish, indeed!  They are perfect for the fall/winter transition.

    I have a pattern for similar high-waistband trousers that I need to try out.  Mine is a Vogue pattern (One of the Alice et Olivia, I think)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Personality ameliorated :) This makes me love you and plan to steal your pants.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!