Tuesday, October 11, 2011

mohair and silk

I wanted this very long.
I wanted that very red.
And I wanted both very simple.

The skirt in sky blue is made of silk twill. Shimmering. Long. Flow-y.

The red pullover is made of mohair knit. Red(i said it twice). Soft. Short. Hairy.

They're too simple to describe, sewing-wise, as you can see everything at a glance. The only truth that you don't get from the pictures is that I laundered the skirt twice before hemming it. I wished to give the silk skirt a casual look before finishing it by washing it like a cotton denim skirt. A sewing extravaganza, eh? ... oh... I see your grin, trying to let me know that you had recognized my extravaganza by those creases before I said anything. Then I really have nothing to report today. Oh well.

Love,
yoshimi


=====
Skirt
pattern: Tamanegi-kobo Jade skirt
lengthened very much, top stitches, over-sized.
Fabric: silk twill, light sky blue, drapey, fairly heavy, shimmery.

Pullover

pattern: Tamanegi-kobo Wilma Tunic dress, scooped neck(B)
shortened everywhere.
fabric: mohair knit, red, loose, soft, spongy, warm.
=====

17 comments:

  1. I think both garments are very beautiful and compliment each other.  The mohair knit is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful simplicity.  I especially love how you made the silk skirt more causal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lush color combination. Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lush color combination. Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that color combo.  You look amazing and chic as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum.  You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top is lovely, but I can't take my eyes of f the skirt!  It looks very comfortable, feminine & classic. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both look beautiful and sooo comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is a very elegant, but sporty outfit! I love the skirt in this length and the mohair  top. You are just looking great!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Utterly gorgeous, Yoshimi!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely.  Elegant

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely - elegant

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH i love this!!!!!!!!

    the color combination, the fabric combination, the patterns, gorgeous yoshimi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so completely stylish and adorable.wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my...how stylish.  I love the fabric and color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pieces and I love the way you have styled them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so beautiful - and I love your style! I love that it is so very much *yours*, and uncompromisingly so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!