Here it is my Nicola dress finished at last ;)
As it is cold and wintry here in Japan, I wore it with my boots and wider belt today. My camera is grumpy at this moment but I hope you're having a great week!
pattern: Nicola dress from Victory Patterns
adjustments and alterations I made:
- I have chosen my size according to my bust measurement and had my usual narrower shoulder adjustment (pinched by 1cm at each shoulder point). Sizes seemed very true to the measurements.
- I have made the V neck opening slightly wider at the shoulder and about 1cm shallower at center front.
- I added extra 5cm in width to the front left skirt(the one under the other front skirt) for a larger overlap of front skirts.
- I made the wrap front into a mock-wrap by closing the front dress. I sewed the front bodices and skirts to close them at the waistline, and applied a long invisible zipper at the left side of the dress.
fabric: cotton/silk(80/20), lawn, thin, flowery prints on light blue color. Soft and light.
|Sorry for these blur photos, my camera must have been having her "bad hair day"(poor thing).|