Friday, November 12, 2010

Turban-ite Head Wrap

I've been looking for the knitting patterns for turban-type slouchy cap for some time. Yep, you can see that I found one which I'm really happy with.


I love it, my whole family love it too (they seem that they're quite amused to see me in it at home, yeah, I wear it at home, because it's fun to act peculiarly and see everybody giggling at me).

Believe me, this is so cute.

=====
pattern : turban-ite head wrap (PDF)
by Melissa Halvorson from year of the goat
You may also feel to visit my Ravelry page for more info and other photographs.

=====



9 comments:

  1. Yoshimi - You are so fashion forward! I love the turban!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that!! You, your hat and your pictures are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Fashion should be fun! You are beautifully colour co-ordinated in your outfit, and I love your boots, too!
    It's also nice to see a bit of Japan in your background.
    (I'm also smiling, because today I took a picture of my new dress inside, like you usually do, and today you are outside, like I usually do!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very neat - quite 20's and cloche like! Can you wear it to the side also?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny! And what a lovely ensemble you have in the beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so happy in it! It's great!

    Have you seen this article in The New York Times? "The Turban Makes a Fashion Comeback"

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/11/fashion/11NOTICED.html?_r=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everybody, thank you for the comments! They really brighten up my days!

    >Sherry, thanks! I'm afraid but I don't think it looks good when I wear it to the side. Probably because it is rather deep in depth, but I'm not sure...
    >katrina, thank you! I've read it, it was interesting to analyze what they say along with what I feel about fashion. I especially agree with Ms. Ambrose quoted in the second last paragraph.

    “Fashion is mute until we give it a voice,” Ms. Ambrose said. “That’s the guts and the energy of this whole thing.”

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!