Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Update

Hello!
It's been a while since the last post.
No, I have not stopped sewing.

It's just that, I have made some clothes but I was a bit too shy to show them to you until now. I guess I was intimidated in some way.
Maybe because I often use those old patterns which you don't have accesses for any more. Or maybe because I always use the patterns which have only Japanese instructions. Or maybe because I show you the results but never tell you how I made them. I thought as if I needed more usefulness in my posts.

Well... sounds very silly though.
So I waited for something useful that I could provide in my blog posts for some time, but nothing arrived in the end (oops). I concluded and consoled myself with thinking that's how the most weblogs are primarily and I should be relaxed about it anyway.

I hope some of you can find a bit of inspiration for your sewing plan from my recent sewing projects here. Happy sewing!!

Jodhpurs-y Evan pants
Aren't they funny, I really love them!
crick to enlarge smaller photographs
=====
Evan pants
pattern:
  Evan from TAMANEGI-KOBO (PDF pattern)
size38(JP9). Significantly narrowed only below thigh, panels for upper half and lower half of the pants were cut independently, lined upper half with cupro, lengthened by 10cm.

fabric: Stretch cotton, PU blend, stiff, thick, stretches not very well, parachute-y and sporty texture, off-white.
=====


V neck t-shirt
I love this print!
=====
Flowery t-shirt
pattern:
  ladies' t-shirt from pumila (paper pattern)
size38(JP9). Sleeves lengthened. Shoulder adjusted(narrowed by 1cm at each side).

fabric: Cotton jersey, light, t-shirt weight, not very well stretching, flowery pattern
=====


Summery Hatoto bag
Another Hatoto bag
=====
Summery Hatoto bag
self drafted pattern:
  Hatoto bag (PDF pattern)

Cotton blend double layered fabric with creases, ecru white, decorated with white and crystal buttons. Fully lined.
=====


Lacy Pleple blouse
I used a pullover-dress pattern to make the blouse.

=====
Lacy Pleple blouse
pattern:
  Pleple dress from anneecotton* (paper pattern)
size40. Shortened, an elastic band inserted at hem, V-shaped neckline

fabric: Cotton lace, light, yellow-white
=====


Love,
yoshimi

22 comments:

  1. Please don't feel shy about sharing your work. I love it and find it to be very inspiring. Love that last blouse on you, beautiful. But in all your outfits you look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can show anything you want! After all, it IS your blog. Also, I find all your posts very informative and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sewing blogs mostly because they inspire me to sew something myself not because they provide extra information.  Don't get me wrong, the extra info is nice and I have learned a lot from what others share, but primarily I like it for seeing something beautiful that someone else has made that makes me want to create something beautiful also.  Plus I think you have a great sense of style so please keep sharing and inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 心配しないよ!ヨシミさんの手作りものからいつもいいポイント貰える。

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to see the clothes you make.  You have a style I really like.  Don't worry about whether there is enough information.  It's the pictures of the creations that inspire me the most when I read blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Don't hold back from posting whatever you want to post! I love seeing what you've made and take inspiration from your projects. I know a lot of bloggers do tutorials and the like and though they can be useful it's not the reason i read blogs. Love the lacy blouse by the way!  

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we enjoy seeing each others sewing, even if we don't learn something new. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always look for your posts!  They give me lots of ideas and I love the photos.  The one of you on the bridge is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!  As usual, I love it all!  Those jodhpurs are so chic!  And the fabric in that bag is to die for.  Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your choice of interesting fabrics is instructional in itself. But whatever you post, I enjoy.  Pretty blouses and the first photo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stuff.  I recently started following your blog and I really enjoy it.  I like in Yokosuka and I wanted to know where are some good places to go fabric shopping in Tokyo?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing everything you make!  You have a beautiful and simple style that I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the lace blouse, the cream trousers and those shoes are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yoshimi, you have the sweetest, most elegant blog and I want to see each and every boring little thing you make because they all inspire me. Even your simplest pieces are so stylish and special, they make me rethink my ideas about fashion. Please don't ever hesitate to share. We all read your blog for YOU.

    Gorgeous stuff, as usual, especially those t-shirts. xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing your sewing and pictures as fashion inspiration. The different patterns just let me know that there are all these patterns out there.

    I love the jodhpurs, lace blouse and bag above and how you've used only white but with different textures allowing them to be worn together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely, I love all these garments you make, and do not worry about the usefulness of your blog, your sewing gives so much inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  17. Try Yuzawaya in Shinjyuku if you love to see all sorts of sewing notions as well as clothing fabrics at once, but I would spend a day in Nippori Fabric District for the best fabric hunting. http://www.yuzawaya.co.jp/information/mise_shin.html http://www.netlaputa.ne.jp/~nippori/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with everyone! Your style is inspiring and your photos are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yoshimi, I've just become a follower.  Please don't be shy about sharing your projects.  Each and every thing you make is just lovely...and I love your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the flowers in your new blouse, and the white linen bag.  Such style.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do not feel shy!  Your style is so interesting and different than most.  I love to see the way you put together outfits and the styles you sew.

    ReplyDelete
  22. don't stop posting!!! I love your style and find it so inspiring to see your simple and elegant styles and colors. 
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!