Tuesday, July 23, 2013

(eyelet pants and) a chimera top


**
So, I sewed a top. I had a small piece of lace fabric that was leftover from these trousers and a very plain and anonymous off white jersey which I didn't know what to do with. I used them to make one top, which I call chimera top. It's a white top with a slightly weird contrasting back lace panel. I made it using a very basic V-neck A-line Tee pattern with small alterations including the back panel. I'm sure that it could have been better if I had had more lace remnant so that I could have applied generous gather in the back, though, I am not totally disappointed by the result. I think it's quite wearable. Actually, this jersey was unreasonably boring with indescribable reasons and it was as charming as a piece of tracing paper. It was pretty when I bought it, but after a prewash, something happened and it lost its good characters but boringness. I think you know what I mean... I was very relieved that I could find a use of the jersey even though it was in my experiment.

And unexpectedly, I already wore the top several times in a short period of time. We never know what happens, eh? :)
Life is fun.

I hope you're enjoying your season wherever you are!

Love, love,
yoshimi


=====
chimera top
pattern: ”decollete Tee" plain A-line T shirt pattern(PDF) from polka drops
tunic length, short sleeves, contrasting back with a gold lace fabric
the gold lace was gathered at top edge and sewn attached to the upper part of the back body

fabrics: cotton/polyester plain jersey, slightly sheer, fine, dry, light
champagne gold lace, sheer, net-like
=====

21 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! I really like all your ideas - might set out to copy some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! It looks fantastic over jeans
    María

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous top! What a super suprise. Love the shape of this tee, I must check out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this top! I love the simplicity and the cut... you've done a great job. I just love the curve at the bottom/back. Love it! Oh I've been using that little needle holder you sent me. I find it so useful ... finding my needles is so easy now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words on the top! And I'm so glad that you find the needle holder useful!

      Delete
  5. Pretty! Great use of the small leftover piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really beautiful, those fabrics are lovely together! I really like the shape and swing of the hemline too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love!! especially love how the shape is from the front

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic top - no wonder you have worn it frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks very nice. What a great way to dress up some boring jersey into something fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful :) Such a great way to be able to incorporate some pretty lace into an every-day top. You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so elegant! Your experiment turned out so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a really unusual and pretty top - I am glad you have worn it a lot already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very cute top! And a clever way to use a remnant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A cheeky gorgeous top, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your chimera top! The lace really jazzed up the white jersey and took it from everyday to special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your top is beautiful! I love the lace detail in back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! So gorgeous, and perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is wonderful! I love your style very much - in fact, I appreciate that you sew simple, elegant clothing. I love the pink linen and bat wing top (and everything you make!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!