Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"peach" (gathered scarf)

"peach" (gathered scarf)


I knitted this scarf using Rowan Kidsilk Haze, which has been my dream mohair yarn for some time. As it seemed good idea for me to try something very easy with this very delicate yarn, I chose a simple scarf hoping a big beginners luck. Although I can't say that the stitches are perfect, I really love the result!

The color of the yarn was subtle peach, and it's got more peachy as it went. This scarf is very very soft and much warmer than it looks!


"peach" (gathered scarf)
"peach" (gathered scarf)


=======
pattern: Gathered Scarf by Maryse Roudie
yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Haze col.637, 1 skein
=======

5 comments:

  1. beautiful!! the color and design are rich!
    never cease to amaze me girl!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scarf is so, so lush.
    Just beautiful work Yoshimi.
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooh, I saw this on your flickr, it's beautiful beautiful BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I saw your blog on Selfish Seamstress and have been going through all of your beautiful work. So inspirational! About this scarf (since I also knit): did you use the needle sizes recommended in the pattern or did you change them? I love the airy and lace-like look that you achieved using the mohair and would like to try it with some delicate bamboo yarn I have in my stash. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amber, thanks for your very kind comment! I used US 4 / 3.5 mm and US 7 / 4.5 mm for this scarf. As long as I remember, they were much larger than it was recommended for Rowan Kidsilk Haze. Good luck with your delicate bamboo yarn, it'll make a pretty one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!